The following is a list of what we see as some of the key trade and consumer shows around New Zealand, for you to consider in your event marketing mix.
From homewares and gifts, food, building and farming there most likely is a trade or consumer show that is suitable for your business. After being involved in many facets of event marketing the key piece of advice we can offer is “plan, plan, plan”. That starts with knowing what is on and when, doing your research on costs, getting in early so you can get the best space, and securing any equipment you need.
We’ve put together a list of trade and consumer shows that Hawke’s Bay businesses may be interested in for their event marketing mix:
- Gift and Homewares Shows – March, June, August 2018
Wanting to connect and get orders from buyers of gifts and homewares? These shows are for you.
- Autumn Gift and Homeware Show – 4th to 6th March 2018, Auckland – this show is perfectly timed to complement the return of suppliers from overseas buying trips.
- Winter Gift and Homeware Show – 17th to 18th June 2018 Christchurch – this show is the only one of its kind on the mainland and offers an unrivaled choice of gift ideas.
- Spring Gift and Homeware Show – 26th to 28th August 2018 Auckland – this show is the major trading show for retailers stocking up for the Christmas season.
- Foodtech Packtech Trade Show – September 2018
“Great Things Grow Here” in Hawke’s Bay so the Foodtech Packtech (FTPT) which is New Zealand’s largest food manufacturing, packaging and processing technology trade show could be a good one for local business to participate in or attend.
Held only once every two years FTPT is on in 2018, from 18th to 20th September in Auckland. It provides visitors with the opportunity to come face-to-face with the experts and discover the freshest ideas, latest technologies and the newest developments in the food manufacturing and packaging technology industries.
- BuildNZ Designx Show & National Safety Show – July 2018
BuildNZ, Designex is New Zealand’s foremost design, interiors, and lighting trade exhibition where interior designers, specifiers, architects, and others in the design sector go to encounter new materials, assess the latest trends, and meet new suppliers.
The National Safety Show is run at the same time as the Designx show and is the largest event dedicated to workplace health and safety in New Zealand.
Both shows are on from the 4th to 5th July 2018 at the ASB Show Grounds, Greenlane, Auckland.
- Fine Food New Zealand – June 2018
If you are interested in exporting food products then the Fine Food Show could be a worthwhile investment. It describes itself as an International Retail, Foodservice, Drink and Hospitality Trade Exhibition. It is being held on the 24-26th June 2018 at the ASB Show Grounds, Greenlane, Auckland.
- The Food Show – April, May and July 2018
If you are in the business of making great food, wine, beverages or have innovative equipment that home chefs and professional chefs should use then The Food Show could be a worthwhile opportunity for you to explore. The Food Show gives you the chance to get your product in front of thousands of foodie consumers and hospitality buyers who are hungry to discover new products. They are held in major centres across New Zealand each year. In 2018 the dates are:
- 6th – 8th April in Christchurch
- 11th-13th May in Wellington
- 26th – 29th July in Auckland
- Home and Garden Shows
Consumers love learning about new products and services that will enhance their homes and gardens. If your business operates in this space then the regional Home and Garden Shows could be a great way to showcase and sell your products or services. Check out the 2018 schedule:
- Rotorua 9th-11th February
- North Shore 9th-11th March
- Taupo 6th-8th April
- Waitakere 27th-29th April
- Marlborough 6th-8th July
- Hawke’s Bay 14th-16th September
- Wellington 21st-23rd November
- Nelson 28th-30th November
- Better Home and Living Shows – May and October 2018
If you have products or services that appeal to consumers wanting to improve their lifestyle in a sustainable way then the Better Living Shows will get you in front of thousands of interested consumers. This year they are being held in:
- Hawke’s Bay from 18th- 20th May
- Wellington from the 25th – 27th May
- Auckland from the 26th-28th October
- Fieldays – Hamilton – June 2018
FieldDays is the Southern Hemisphere’s largest agribusiness event. If you want to launch your agriculture products and services to New Zealand and the world it is worthwhile considering this show. It is a big event with 133,588 attendees, 968 exhibitors on 1485 sites in 2017.
FieldDays gives businesses the chance to connect B2B, B2C and with overseas buyers. In 2018 it is on the 13th to the 16th of June.
- Central Districts FieldDays- March 2018
This event is New Zealand’s largest regional agricultural show with over 25,000 visitors over the 3 days. Held at Manfeild Park, Feilding it is on the 15th to 17th of March in 2018.
- Women’s Lifestyle Expos
This two-day weekend event sees thousands of women of all ages taking time out for themselves. The majority of expos feature interactive areas include pamper zones for key beauty services, as well as food, artisan crafts & fashion. A great opportunity to market specifically to women, who are often the decision makers for household purchases. In 2018 the dates are:
- Dunedin April 7–8
- Invercargill April 14–15
- Palmerston North May 11-12
- Hamilton May 26-27
- Wellington July 5-6
- Whangarei August 4-5
- Tauranga August 25-26
- Christchurch September 29-30
- New Plymouth October 14-15
- Hawke’s Bay November 24-25
So, which shows are in your event marketing mix for 2018?
If you need help deciding where to concentrate your efforts, or to ensure your event marketing is successful, we welcome you to get in touch for a no-strings chat. As marketers with years of experience across a broad range of marketing events we are on hand to provide any additional management or event coordination support that you may require – just get in touch.
All the best,
Megan, Marise & Jodi – the gals from InHouse Marketing